Monday, February 18, 2008

Exploring the Possibilities

I have been an adjunct faculty member at Mesa Community College since 1999, teaching Business Computing and Desktop Publishing. For two years I have worked with other staff and faculty in the Maricopa College District on a Digital Visual Literacy Project under a grant from the National Science Foundation. We have created a total of 12 instructional modules, and I developed the six modules which teach graphic design principles and the application of these principles while using the many tools in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, to create visually effective business communications.

I have many years of experience in desktop publishing, creating computer documents that will be printed to hard copy. CIS237 is a great opportunity to get acquainted with more Internet tools for publishing and sharing information.

For several years I have used WebCT (Blackboard) to teach my on-campus courses, and have been satisfied with the tools available in WebCT. Now I’m having to reach out beyond my “comfort zone” and learn more about the amazing technologies that will allow me to make my class richer in resources and more interesting in content. I’m excited at the prospects!

1 comment:

Shelley Rodrigo said...

Oooohhh...will you please share your tutorials with me! :-) I teach tech writing from the ENG side.